01st August 2019
5 CURIOSITIES ON THE NEW WORLD HERITAGE OF GRAN CANARIA
UNESCO has declared on July 7 of this year World Heritage the cultural landscape of the Fallen Risco and the sacred mountains of Gran Canaria.
Below be bring you with 5 curiosities about this unique location:
- It is a pre-Hispanic archaeological site of aboriginal settlements.
- It is composed of temples and markers with astronomical and religious connotations.
- The cave has an artificial hole that when receiving the light of dawn produces an optical effect on the images on the wall.
- The site consists of 21 caves excavated in the volcanic rock 100 meters high above a ravine.
- With this recognition there are already 5 cultural and natural assets registered as World Heritage in the Canary Islands.